Reading Levels: A–SPurchase
Focus on Literacy Skills and Connect to Science and Social Studies
Rigby Focus is a leveled reading, writing, and language program built upon science and social studies content. Emergent, early, and fluent readers benefit from over 100 content areas with targeted strategy instruction.
- Written and designed to help children broaden their experiences of the natural and physical world, as well as develop their nonfiction reading and writing skills
- Traditional features of nonfiction text are introduced and used consistently throughout the program, and each title follows a consistent layout
- Rigby Focus is based on science and the following themes are covered within each level:
- Earth and beyond
- Energy and change
- Life and living
- Natural and processed materials
- Working scientifically
- Science activities and projects help form the teaching and learning aspect of the program
- Teacher's Guides include guided reading lessons, comprehension tasks, independent reading and writing activities, science projects, ESL support, assessments, and blackline masters.